Sunday 11 July 2010

Simply Craftacular


Yesterday I managed to escape the house, leaving the lovely Flo with the Mr and I made my way to the Bust Craftacula in Bethnal Green. At their Christmas fair I narrowly missed out on the goodybags given to the first 100 customers. I was really annoyed about this and even collared someone at the tea stand, who had managed to get one, just to find out what was inside. I possibly came across a little scary. So this time I was determined not to lose out and so I arrived a whole hour before the doors opened with two of my non crafty, but fabulous friends. It turned out to be a good idea as about 30 people were already queuing up and by the time the doors opened the queue snaked round the corner and down the road.

So this time I got the goodybag. Yes! So was it worth it? I think so.
Let me give you a rundown of what was inside, just in case you’re interested:
· A bag of sweeties
· Three too-cool-for-school magazines: Lady Craft, Oh Comely and Fat Quarter. These are all rather good so I urge you to check out the links and get a copy if you can.
· An Etsy Union Jack badge and very useful card for your wallet with measurement and size conversions, time zones and the meanings of Etsy website abbreviations on it. Very helpful indeed.
· A badge and discount voucher for Love From Hetty & Dave
· Two fabric squares and a bag of matching buttons from Beyond Fabrics. My friends weren’t so interested in this so they gave me theirs too – score!
· And all of this came inside a cool printed bag from Wingate.


Inside the hall vintage music complimented the shopping experience perfectly. We worked the aisles once and then went back to make purchases. I bought some blue buttons possibly from Miso Funky, I can’t remember. And some cute fabric from Beyond Fabric: one meter of a Cath Kidson style flower print and one fat quarter of a gorgeous print with thread bobbins all over it. LOVE IT.



It was lovely to get out in the sunshine, see some old friends and do some retail therapy. You can see all my pictures from the day here.

All in all a fabulous day and I’ll certainly be attempting to get the goodybag again at the next Craftacula event.

2 comments:

  1. The fabric with all the reels of thread on it would have tempted me too. Glad you enjoyed your retail therapy, there's nothing like it for lifting the spirits is there.

    ReplyDelete