Wednesday 5 January 2011

It's all over


I hate taking the Christmas tree down. The cavern it leaves makes everything seem so bare and the spaces between all the furniture seem so big. I found these crochet remnants of Christmas 2010 in a shop window while on New Years day which seemed particularly poignant to my woolly brain. Fairwell Christmas, till next time!

I managed to get to the sales in Bluewater today and took a trip to the yarn department in the John Lewis there. The yarn was indeed stacked high but having so many WIPS (works in progress) in my craft cupboard I really couldn't justify buying any more yarn to stash away for no real purpose. Does this mean I'm getting old and sensible?

I did help my Mum buy some cut price Debbie Bliss Eco as I bought her the pattern book as a gift last year. It turns out you need at least 16 balls to make any of the garments in the book, so if you were to buy the yarn full price you're looking at around £80 for most of them! Long live the yarn sales says I!

I promised you pictures of the vintage snood I made from Jane Wallers Knitting Fashions of the 1940's and here it is.

My sister in law is disgustingly glamorous.

2 comments:

  1. I agree the place does feel bare without the decorations.Congratulations on resisting the temptation of yarn, I on the other hand bought far too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say welcome back to your column - I just had my copy through the post and can now go back to flipping straight to the last page for your words!! Much love to a working mummy x

    ReplyDelete