Sunday 23 January 2011

Pointless, Cake - I didn't mean it like that!


Since I've been at home a lot I have got into the habit of watching day time TV. At first I felt like my brain was slowly dying but then I came across my saviour - Pointless! It's the best quiz show on TV and as I became more and more involved in the show I decided I had to apply as a contestant. Now lets be clear, this is not the kind of thing I've never done before. I am not in the habit of applying for game shows, so I was totally shocked to be called in for an audition with the other half of my team, my sister in law Brooke. After a crazy audition where I was convinced we simply weirded out the production team we have been called up to actually be on the show! The new series starts in March, so you'll have to keep an eye out for us on TV - wish us luck!

I also wanted to share with you some pretty cakes I made at the weekend. They were made using two recipes. One, for the cake, is from a brilliant book called The Cupcake Ward Cookbook. This was put together by a 12 year old who wanted to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital. She has managed to get lots of celebrities, chiefs, family and friends to donate their favourite cake recipes and nearly all the profits go to the Cupcake Ward at the hospital. With this hospital being very close to our hearts, because Florence was resident there for the first 3 months of her life, I really love this book and encourage you to buy a copy here.

The recipe I used from the book was for Fern Cotton's chocolate cupcakes and the icing was from a Jamie Oliver Sainsburys leaflet that I picked up in the summer, which is basically cream cheese, icing sugar and raspberries blended. This works really nicely with the chocolate, YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you must tell me when you are on! I've never seen this programme - I hate putting the tv on in the day, since giving up CB but I'll give it a go!

    Cupcakes look lovely too.
    G
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for the cakes. They were delicious.x

    ReplyDelete