Wednesday 16 March 2011

Packed Lunch

It’s my second week back at work and this is what I’ve got for my packed lunch today.
It consists of an apple, mini homemade scone provided by Mother of Purl (my Mum) and a sandwich bag of yarn and needles. Yum! Don’t worry I’ve not started to eat yarn for lunch, or developed a strange eating disorder, I’m meeting a friend for a spot of lunch and knitting.

The crazy times are starting to calm a little as Flo’s birthday went off without a hitch, I’m back at work and the workshop at the Creative Biscuit was lots of fun! I’ve been invited back to run an Intermediate workshop in April which I’m really looking forward to. The cafe is also running lots of other nice workshops in April so their facebook page is well worth a look . But don’t forget that they are now open for all your general tea, coffee and cake needs too, so be sure to pop in for a delicious cuppa and slice of carrot cake next time you’re in the neighbourhood.

Our house moving is imminent so I’ve started packing up my yarn stash :-(
My mum found some vacuum storage bags in the pound shop in Stratford so I’ve sucked down my stash to a reasonable size so far. The pattern books, magazines, needles and notions are starting to look like they’re taking over the flat though, so time to get packing them away too. It all feels a bit sad!

Finally I just want to share with you the totally scrumptious crumble I made this weekend. I had a couple of bags of plums in my freezer left over from the Autumn when my parents garden suddenly over flows with gorgeous fruits. As we’re trying to run the freezer down before the move I decided that they needed to be used and as always Nigella came to the rescue! From How to Be a Domestic Goddess her Plum and Pecan Crumble was delicious and was enjoyed after a family dinner this weekend. I shall definitely come back to this recipe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment