Wednesday 18 May 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

It was my birthday on Monday and I was made to feel very special by all of my friends and family.

Brett took me out for a MASSIVE treat on Sunday to Atul Kochhar’s Michelin starred restaurant Benares. We had the five course Grazing menu with the pairing wines, which was a decadent as it sounds.

I have never been to a Michelin starred restaurant before so it was a bit daunting at first, but once the food and wine started flowing we relaxed into it. Although I think I might have scared the sommelier a little by getting over excited by wines that actually went with food for a change rather than just being chosen on price alone.

I got lots of lovely presents including the new Peyton & Byrne British Baking book and some cute measuring cups and spoons which I am itching to start using!

To top it all off I took some of my lovely friends out to Luck Voice in Soho on my birthday night and sang the night away (badly) while they plied me with glittered cocktails. Cheers guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment