Friday 9 March 2012

Country Living Spring Fair 2012



As the days get a little longer, bulbs begin to pop out of the ground all over the place and the occasional day of sunshine graces us, the home-maker in me twitches with delight. I suddenly want to decorate the whole house, dig the garden, hoover the lampshades and get crafty all at once. Unfortunately there are not enough hours in the day, especially with Flo demanding my attention at every turn and rightly so. However when Country Living announced its Spring Fair I thought I'd treat myself (and my lovely Mum)!

Country Living SpringFair 2012 is taking place from 21st - 25th of March in the Business Design Centre, London. As this is only in Islington it's totally accessible by tube and completely possible for us to go and have a nice lunch/ dinner on Upper Street before/ afterwards.

The fair promises an inspiring day out weather you’re looking for ideas for the home, garden or even your wardrobe. Out of 400 independent designers, small producers and craftspeople from across the British Isles I’m sure I’m going to find lots to tickle my fancy.

I’ve recently decided that a small patch of ground at the back of the garden is going to be my veggie patch. I have the leeks already sprouting indoors and so am interested to see what is on offer for a gardening beginner at the fair.
My first attempt at growing real food
We also are in some serious need of interior decoration. After moving into the flat at the end of last summer we've only managed to decorate one room and that happens to be Flo’s bedroom. So I’m hoping to find lots of inspiration at the Homes and Interiors stalls for the rest of the house – it needs it!

I’ll be sure to report back on my experience of the Country Living Spring Fair but if you are interesting in popping along yourself tickets are available online or on the day. You can also help the wonderful Bliss charity by quoting BLISS at the checkout or over the phone. This will donate £5 of your ticket price to the charity which is such a worthy cause. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment