Friday 23 March 2012

Just a little bit country


Today I spent the afternoon at the Country Living Spring Fair looking at a whole host of pretty inspiration.

I have to admit that not all of it was to my taste. Having a small child certainly limits the number of nick-naks, wire baskets, balls of twine and decorative wooden crates you can have laying about the house. But there was a great deal of inspiration and cute ideas to take away from the afternoon as well as meeting some lovely people.


My favourite stall had to be one of the only knitting stalls at the show and a London shop that I've been meaning to get to for ages: Nest. When my Mum and I honed in on this cosy little corner she pointed out an Elizabeth Zimmerman baby surprise jacket and the owner promptly exclaimed "Knitters!". Zimmerman, what a give away.
The stall was lovely and I spent some time perusing the Oliver + S childrens' sewing patterns and gorgeous yarns, including a brand I hadn't heard of before called BC Garn which is well worth a look! I will definitely have to make a trip out to Crouch End, where the full shop is, some time soon.

I did come away with one purchase of a lamp base made of an large old machine bobbin from 1913. Once I've found an accompanying lampshade I'll post up a picture.

It was a great way to spend the afternoon, so if you're looking for inspiration this weekend why not check it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment