Monday 30 July 2012

And They're Off...


Enchanted Knoll Farm, Superwash Sock in 'Emerald Lake' was the clear winner from my little vote. I think it was the gorgeous colour that swung it. I know it will go nicely with my hair colour and think it will really stand out from my back winter coat.

The pattern is the Ishbel scarf from Ysolda Teague's Whimsical Little Knits book. I really love her patterns and her books are always so well put together, thought out and generally nice to look at. For this pattern, which has had over eleven thousand projects made on Ravelry, she gives the option of written instructions or a chart to work from for the lace pattern. It's really nice to have the choice and so far it's been a really nice project to work on. The knitting is really flying too. I'm already on the lace pattern and I didn't even cast on until the day after the opening ceremony because I fell asleep somewhere around Cameroon parading out.

I have been putting a little more effort into my knitting as this is meant to be a personal challenge, so it has come out and about with me this weekend and I've been knitting a few rows here and there. Unfortunately this has meant a certain small person has become increasingly interested in my stitching. Consequentially I found Flo pulling the stitches off my needles yesterday morning as she shouted "I do it Mummy!" She got quite a shock when I shouted at her very loud to put it down. She obviously doesn't understand my extreme attachment to my knitting yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment