Tuesday 10 July 2012

Oh Happy Day


I took the opportunity while the Mr was out the other night to totally blitz the blanket and voila! Here is the finished article! This blanket took almost 4 months to finish, so no deadline knitting for me for quite some time I think!


I am so completely glad that it is finished and just in time for the new arrival. I celebrated with a trip down to the Southbank with the Mr and Flo who saw an enormous puddle and decided that it was perfect for splashing in. She might have ruined her trainers forever but it was worth it.


We found the gorgeous roof top garden at the Queen Elizabeth Hall and these daisies summed up my sunny mood in an otherwise dull wet day.


The garden is well worth a look, even if the weather doesn't perk up. It's full of wild flowers, little benches, sculptures, vegetable patches and probably the scariest scarecrow I've ever seen. Plus there's a bar, so what's not to like?

When we got home that night I cast on a new project and felt a real "ahhhhhhhhh" of relaxation run through me. The feel of a different fibre through my fingers, different needles in my hands and most of all the reassuring thickness of DK yarn as opposed to 3ply. Bliss.

Now the only question that remains is: Will it be a boy or a girl?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So glad for you to have seen an end to it, looks beautifully done. I'm certain the new arrival will enjoy plenty of snuggles for years to come x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the blanket - I don't think I would have been able to resist a puddle that magnificent either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is beautiful! I also like the pottery that looks knitted in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I got it for my birthday and blogged about it here: http://purlabout.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/may-round-up.html
      So lovely!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blanket for the new baby girl/boy.

    Yes it's a great feeling casting on with a different weight wool isn't it ... I've just done the opposite, finished with the double knit and gone to 4 ply.

    Have a great week whatever the weather.
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete