Sunday 7 October 2012

Things that happened

Things keep happening and I think, 'Oh, I should blog about that' and then things get in the way like work, kids, food and knitting and I don't get round to it. Such is life. So here's a little round up of all the things I should have blogged about lately, in the shorthand form.


I actually finished a few projects. One is this cute squishy hoodie for my nephew. It's called Ashton and was a joy to knit in garter stitch. It's the second pattern I have finished from the lovely Rowan Miniature Classics book which I bought a few months ago and really fell in love with. The styles are so simple yet modern. The other pattern I made from this book was Starr for Flo and with the cold weather it's been worn a few times already. She grows so fast though it is quickly becoming a crop top. Note to self: always knit in extra length for Flo!

The other project was some initialed washcloths for my second cousins in Scotland. I didn't manage to take a picture of them unwrapped for some reason but there is a 'G' on the baby pink one for my new born second cousin Georgia and 'J' on the other for her older sister Jocelyn. Both have a little soap wrapped up inside to use at bedtime.


It was my 4 year wedding anniversary in September and The Mr spontaneously bought me this vase which Fleur Cotton had mentioned in a comment on one of my previous posts. Apparently the Mr. did not read this comment, but found the vase when searching for knitting related goodies to buy me!
It's from Heals and has little knitted stitches running up and down it. How cute and lovely that the Mr. thought of it without a prompt!
The next few weeks are looking super busy with a crazy work schedule and of course the highlight of my social calendar, Ally Pally taking place next week. I'll be at the show bright and early on Thursday so hope to see you there. Do feel free to say hello and point me in the direction of the bargains!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I've just read your article in 'knitting' about show shopping tactics!! It made me laugh as I am so with you. I refuse to meet up with anyone at the show as I like to stalk the halls with my list and my money belt at the ready, and if I decide to buy something extravagant (2 cashmere sweaters last year!) then no one is looking over my shoulder spoiling it for me. I've downloaded the exhibitors list and drawn up my plan!! Oh dear, I sound far worse than you don't I?!! Have a fab time tomorrow, chris

    ReplyDelete