Thursday 19 September 2013

Not sure what happened there

So my 'Blue Period' Seems to have stunted my blogging! What happened to the whole of August Laura?  It must have been all the lovely summer that we actually had this year, meaning that I was outside enjoying life, which was of course lovely! Here's a summary of the fun had by all:


Not a lot of knitting going on in those particular photos but I promise you, it has been happening. Although all the yarn does remain blue!

There was the Baby Sophisticate for Henry which is a lovely free pattern and knitted up quickly over a couple of weeks. I have yet to see him wear it but hopefully it still fits him now the cold weather is setting in.


I used some lovely (of course vintage) buttons on it from a vintage fair I went to yonks ago. I love it when all these bits and pieces you collect come into use in the end. It makes more hoarding acceptable.
I also sewed in one of my labels which makes it look that little bit more shop bought in a weird way! Hopefully people will recognised its handmade merits.

A friend from Uni had a baby called Charlotte, so out of the leftovers from the cardigan I made an initialed washcloth. I sent it with a bar of baby soap all wrapped up in pink ribbon, but it's nice to have some things that aren't pink for a girl, which is why I thought of the blue for the cloth.


I've made these little washcloths before and they're really great little projects that don't take too long but are lovely and personal as well as being totally useful.

I have no current pictures of the (of course) blue cardigan I'm still working on from Pom Pom Magazine called Fieldwork, but I can report that I have finished the back sections and am now onto the first front section. It's slow going because I started another, you guessed it, blue project! But I'll tell you all about that in another blog post, because I'm back in the game people: BACK - IN - THE - GAME.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blog land :)
    It looks like you had a lovely August. Your little girl looks adorable.
    The wash cloths are a nifty gift idea.
    Your Baby Sophisticate picture has reminded me of the one I have yet to finish. I really must get on that. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete